Howard-Ellis Mission Statement
The staff of Howard-Ellis School believes that all students can learn and master essential academic skills. We are dedicated to promoting positive social, emotional and physical growth for all students in a safe, orderly environment. We seek
to instill in students a respectful understanding and knowledge of multi-cultural diveristy within our global community. We accept this responsibility with the cooperation and support of parents and community.
Howard-Ellis School Rules
1. Accept responsibility for your learning.
Come to school every day.
Be prepared for class.
Listen and participate in class.
Complete assignments and homework.
Do your "personal best".
2. Follow all directions given by staff. Staff includes teacher, principals, instructional assistants, secretaries, custodians, noon supervisors, cooks and bus drivers.
3. Use polite and acceptable language when speaking with adults and each other.
- Say "please" and "thank you."
- Give compliments.
- Use a calm voice.
4. Keep hands, feet and objects to yourself.
- Respect other people's personal space.
- Ask permission before borrowing property of others
5. Walk quietly and orderly in the halls at all times.
6. Take care of and maintain school property.
-Keep restrooms, playground, hallways, lunchroom and classrooms clean.
-Keep desks, lockers and books in good condition.
-Put things back where they belong.
-Pick up litter.