The administration and staff at Howard Community School are excited to provide you and (your student) with access to
grades and attendance for the school year via the internet. If you created an account last year, you may continue to use it. Otherwise, to create a new account, please follow these steps:
1. Open any internet browser on your computer.
2. Type "http://nilespowerschool.berrienresa.org/public" into the address bar.
3. Choose the option to “Create Account”.
4. At the “Create Parent Account” screen type in first name, last name, primary email address, and your desired
username and password.
** Please note that password MUST be at least 7 characters long, contain at least 1 uppercase and 1 lowercase letter
(the password IS case sensitive). It MUST also contain at least 1 number and special character (-,/?>$%).You and
your student have separate usernames and passwords. It is advisable that you keep your username and password secure
and not share it with anyone else.
5. Below the “Create Parent Account” section you will see the “Link Students to Account” section. It is here that
you will enter your student and any other students you may have enrolled in the Niles Community Schools District.
6. In the Student Name field type the student's first and last name as it appears: (see letter you received)
7. In the Access ID box, type Your Confidential Access ID: (see letter you received)
8. In the password box, type your Password: (see letter you received)
** You may also enter other students at this time, if you have their access information.
9. Next choose your relationship to each student.
10. Once all required information is entered click the “Enter” button in the bottom right of the section.
This concludes PowerSchool Parent/Student portal account creation. Please remember to log off when you are
The Grades and Attendance tab will allow you to check assignments and scores by clicking on the blue percentage
across from a class. To email the teacher a question or concern, please click the blue teacher's name link. The
Grades History tab will show you the grades your child received in previous grading periods. The Teacher Comments
tab is used to access current teacher comments for your student.
If you have any questions regarding the use of PowerSchool please contact the school office at 269-683-4633.