Mrs. Samantha ZimmermanFirst Grade TeacherHoward-Ellis Elementarysamantha.email@example.com ext 11467
- I am from Niles, Michigan.
- I attended Howard-Ellis Elementary and graduated from Niles High School in 2008.
- I graduated from Central Michigan University in 2013 with a degree in Elementary Education, a major in Child Development, and minors in Elementary Math and Elementary Language Arts.
- I started teaching 1st grade at Howard-Ellis in 2013 and haven been here ever since.
- I have taught 1 year of Kindergarten and the rest 1st grade.
- I married my husband in 2014.
- I have two daughters. Ryann was born in August 2015 and Tatum was born July 2018.
- I have one very large Great Pyrenees named Woodley.
Parent Volunteers: If you would like to volunteer in our classroom reading stories, making projects, listening to students read and various other tasks, please contact me and fill out a volunteer form. It is very important that I have adult volunteers!! You MUST turn in a volunteer form to go on field trips throughout the year or attend any classroom parties.Specials ScheduleMonday: LibraryTuesday: Gym (need tennis shoes)Wednesday: Computer LabThursday: ArtFriday: MusicImportant First Grade InformationHomework will be sent home on Tuesdays. These pages are to be completed returned BY Friday in their teal homework folders.Plastic book bags are also sent home every night, these are books that your children should be able to read on their own or with some guidance. Reading at least 20 minutes every night with your child from these book bags is very important! After your child reads a book, parents are to sign and date the book read on their reading sheet. After reading 100 books, the learner gets to pick a book to keep for their own library.
Arrival 8:45 am
Departure 3:46 pm
Departure days on half days 11:58 am
** Please note the above times so that your child will arrive at school at the appropriate times. If you will be picking your child up from school, please arrive five minutes before the end of the day. **