Technology that Enables
Niles New Tech's innovative approach to instruction and culture revolves around integrated technology. All classrooms have a one-to-one computing ratio. With access to web-enabled computers, every learner becomes a self-directed learner who no longer needs to rely primarily on teachers or textbooks for knowledge.
Web-based systems unify learners' learning experiences, enabling them to share projects online, collaborate with teachers and peers, and create new knowledge.
- A Vision of K-12 Learners Today: Project created to inspire teachers to use technology in engaging ways to help learners develop higher level thinking skills.
- Technology - changes: Thought-provoking video of how fast the world can communicate and change in the 21st century.
- "Take Me Out" by Atomic Tom LIVE on NYC subway: Fun video that was filmed unannounced on Friday October 8, 2010 aboard the New York City B Train, over the Manhattan Bridge into Brooklyn and edited from 3 iPhone cameras. All footage is performed 100% live and executed in one take.
- Technology Rapidly Changing: Makes the striking case for how fast technology is changing our society.
- New Learners of the 21st Century: Full program from PBS on education in the 21st century - featuring the foremost thought leaders, innovators and practitioners in the field, Digital Media is a startling preview of a 21st Century education revolution.